Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Heartwarming Gift

I have a guest crafter today.  See the cute blanket around the clever baby?  It was made for me by the amazing little girl in the green dress, whom I will call Miss M.  Yes, she is 7 1/2 years old and loves to sew!  Words just don't even express how much this warms my heart.  Just thinking of it makes my heart want to jump right out of my chest! 

Miss M is the darling daughter of a very good friend of mine.  In fact, I first met Miss M when she was about 4 days old, when her father and amazing mother checked out of the hospital after Miss M entered this world and drove from St. Louis to Houston to attend my wedding.  Honestly, those are the actions of a very special (and probably a bit crazy) friend!

I saw Miss M's mother the day before the top photo was taken, and she went home and told Miss M about how she had seen me and met the clever baby.  Miss M decided right then that she needed to make the clever baby a blanket, so that is what she did!  She picked out the fabric and sewed it that night and gave it to me the following day.  It just blows me away!  The blanket is made of two cozy flannels and is super soft. We love it!


I am so sad that Miss M lives so far away.  It would be fantastic to spend a day sewing with her!

A passion for sewing can start at any age.  Miss M is sewing blankets at age 7 1/2.  What will she be sewing in another 5 years?  Where will this creativity take her?  I look forward to watching it bloom!

Thank you, Miss M, for this special baby gift.  It is a treasure.

4 comments:

  1. OK. 1. I love this picture of you in your wedding dress! 2. Miss M is super amazing! Wow an incredible young lady. 3. Cute, cute blanket. 4. Cute, cute picture of you and the kiddos and Miss M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Isn't Miss M super amazing?? That little girl is just something else. Now she is making these blankets to give to homeless children! HER idea. I love that kid!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Due to some bizarre spam comments I have recently received, I am moderating the comments for a while. I hope this spam craziness stops so this becomes unnecessary!